Korsa Pillow – finished

Finished on Friday but didn;t have a chance to photograph it. The light was crappy today too, actually light is crappy most of the time in our old house with small windows, but that’t why photo editing was invented, no? This one is for a teacher too – all 4 teachers are getting pillows this … More Korsa Pillow – finished

pillowcase #1

I continued to work on the chevron patterned pillowcase from the previous post, and I wanted to show you a couple of progress pictures. First, piecing… It is quite simple: I sewed half chevrons row by row. See the first row on the top? I sewed 1.5 in strip between each half chevron and then … More pillowcase #1

New pillow…

It has been sitting on my desk waiting… first for backing (I ended piecing some leftovers because I was lazy to go shopping for more fabrics)… then for a pillow insert (it measures just a bit bigger than another pillow I made but the insert was just too small; couldn’t figure that one out). Finally… … More New pillow…

grid pillow

As I mentioned in the previous post, as of recently, I have developed a “thing” for vintage sheets. I like the colorful ones that I have seen around the blogosphere – those being used in quilts, aprons, skirts, little girl dresses… but I am also drawn to those with small flowers on white background. Especially … More grid pillow

Plo Pillow

I am calling this one Plo Pillow. This is all I could come up. And I am sticking to it. So here it is: I used 13 different floral fabrics, one of which is vintage french linen (only one square) recently bought at a thrift store. Squares are about 3 in square (I say ‘about’ … More Plo Pillow

for new beginnings

Happy New Year to everyone! I will not write a review of last year or predictions for new year. I don’t do resolutions – I found that they never work – they just make you feel overwhelmed and then you feel bad when you cannot accomplish them.. I will say that last year was no … More for new beginnings