and now for something completely different: field work pillow

Just a sneak peek of what I have sitting on my sewing desk since before Thanksgiving. A new pillow inspired by some aerial photography and fabulous work by Victoria Gertenbach. I have not had a chance to get into my sewing room for almost two weeks. This is almost finished – two more patches, already … More and now for something completely different: field work pillow

new fabrics

I haven’t done this in a long time, but here are some new fabrics I got yesterday at Michael Miller store at the Fashion District in downtown LA: The dotty one is Brandon Mably for Rowan, and the other two are Joel Dewberry.

stripey finished

Yep! Finished. The idea came from one of the kaffe fasset’s books – a little all-blue quilt made of shirting fabrics. I did not have as many blue striped fabrics, but I had plenty of striped fabrics in variety of colors. This one took longer than I expected. First of all – it took longer … More stripey finished

a new block

I was tired of quilting yesterday and had to take a break. But I could do some cutting and a little bit of sewing so here it is – a new block: I drew this one some time ago, and it’s interesting how it looks different all sewn up. When I sketched it (actually it … More a new block