grid pillow

As I mentioned in the previous post, as of recently, I have developed a “thing” for vintage sheets. I like the colorful ones that I have seen around the blogosphere – those being used in quilts, aprons, skirts, little girl dresses… but I am also drawn to those with small flowers on white background. Especially … More grid pillow

flutters quilt

I have posted pictures of this quilt as I was making progress on my flickr page, but have never written about it.So here we go… Recently I have been… I am reluctant to say this… yes… “a bit” hooked on thrifting… vintage sheets to be more precise. A few weeks ago I found a flat … More flutters quilt

one of those days… except it’s been almost two weeks

Yes, I have had one of those days. When you have things planned out. Then sh.. stuff happens. Except it lasted for two weeks. First a little one got sick. Fever, congestion, coughing. And coughing is the worst, because it almost always end in throwing up. So when he starts coughing, we run to the … More one of those days… except it’s been almost two weeks

Thrifting heaven

I visited a few local thrift stores, oh, 5 years ago or so. Nothing. I didn’t try again until a couple of weeks ago. I came out with some great vintage sheets and even better pillow cases. Then I went back last week. Found more. Twice this week. Today I had to make myself drive … More Thrifting heaven

New project

Yes, I finally started. I say finally, because sometimes I get a lot of ideas, draw a few sketches and then cannot decide which to do first. But after some fabric sorting, looking at fabrics and the sketches from a distance, and thinking about what I really want to cut (and how much) I decided … More New project

Plo Pillow

I am calling this one Plo Pillow. This is all I could come up. And I am sticking to it. So here it is: I used 13 different floral fabrics, one of which is vintage french linen (only one square) recently bought at a thrift store. Squares are about 3 in square (I say ‘about’ … More Plo Pillow

for new beginnings

Happy New Year to everyone! I will not write a review of last year or predictions for new year. I don’t do resolutions – I found that they never work – they just make you feel overwhelmed and then you feel bad when you cannot accomplish them.. I will say that last year was no … More for new beginnings