a few coasters

As I mentioned, I have a new, old loom sitting in my studio (ha!). This was my first project, using some of the stash yarn I bought for knitting long time ago. Warp was white cotton, which I ran out of while measuring the warp, so I added some green cotton yarn. Then I used some leftover tape yarn in denim, or something like that.

I realized I never showed these. My very first weaving project...

This is a little longer piece, a mug rug if you wish. This yarn was very soft; wider than the warp, it covers it completely in the half-basket weave pattern I used. Even the selvedges turned out very nice.

I realized I never showed these. My very first weaving project...

 

For these four, I used the same warp, but different cotton weft, also denim, variegated. This yarn was also thicker than the warp, but stiffer so it did not cover the warp. This is plain weave. Quite a different effect.

I realized I never showed these. My very first weaving project...

I realized I never showed these. My very first weaving project...

 

Not too bad for the first project. I am not going to wet finish these. I like them a little stiffer, good for a coaster.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s