“Toss it” finished

It has been finished for over a week now, but I could not get a decent picture of it. And then I did. But then the pictures wouldn’t get themselves off the camera.

I started in back in January, finished the top a couple of weeks later, and then was sidetracked with another quilt and other smaller projects. I thought I would not have enough of any one of the fabrics I used in the top, for the backing, and I did not want to piece it, so I left it standing there. Alone. But. I don’t like to have unfinished projects, and I found out I do have a single fabric for the backing. So I finished it.

IMG_7863_sm

I thought about free motion quilting but I was a little worried about some problematic areas of the top. The linen I used was a little stretchy. This resulted in some wonkiness in a few places. So I decided about straight lines, diagonally on both sides of the seam. I trimmed the quilt, based it and hoped for the best. The stretchiness of the linen actually helped while quilting – I could pull a little to get the straight line and avoid bunching. Satisfied.

IMG_7866_sm

I would like to have quilted it more densely, but that would have been asking for trouble. The next one.

IMG_7907_sm

I was not so happy with it when I finished the top. But now I really like it.

IMG_7906_sm

This one one is going to the school auction.

IMG_7874_sm

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s