Tolva quilt:: basted

I just realized I did not take a picture of the finished top. This is as close as I got when I took this picture. Close enough. And today I basted it. And started quilting. I am doing free motion, just your basic random swirls. I am quilting it quite dense, because I think this … More Tolva quilt:: basted

ree finished

I just realized that I never wrote about this quilt. I took this picture and posted it on flickr when I finished the top, but it never made it here: Ree was never really planned. It just sort of happened one day when I was trying (unsuccessfully) to sort my thrifted sheet stash. These particular … More ree finished

flutters finished

It’s been almost a year since I started this quilt, almost 4 months since I finished it, and about 2 weeks since I took these photos. But it’s done and I like, like, like it. It was made almost entirely out of thrifted sheets. The brown/yellow/blue and red stripes were cut from a striped fabric … More flutters finished

New pillow…

It has been sitting on my desk waiting… first for backing (I ended piecing some leftovers because I was lazy to go shopping for more fabrics)… then for a pillow insert (it measures just a bit bigger than another pillow I made but the insert was just too small; couldn’t figure that one out). Finally… … More New pillow…